Hey lovelies, so today I recreated a mani on Instagram. Be sure to check it out so you can see the original version as well @holo_its_lalas_nails. I really like this mani and I’ve never painted roses before, so that was new to me. I had to watch a couple of YouTube videos to learn the basics and then add my own thing to it because the videos I watched were using gel polish or acrylic paint (I have neither).
Use 3 different pinks (a light pink, a dark pink, and one that’s in between).
- After you have applied your base coat and base color, apply top coat. I find that making designs is much easier on top of a top coat. Then, make circles with the medium pink (I used a large dotting tool to draw out a circle).
- Apply top coat again. Make 3 little curved lines close to the edge of the circle but not actually at the edge. For this step you can use a small detail brush or a toothpick (I used a toothpick).
- Make similar curved lines inside of the dark pink curves using the light pink.
- Draw on leaves. Just 2 to every rose and they don’t need to be large. Finish with top coat of course!
Now let’s talk about the products I used and what I think of them:
- Bring It On Stain Blocker Base Coat from SuperChic Lacquer. By far, the best base coat I’ve used. It’s not sticky and it is milky which helps fight stains. The previous base coats I’ve used made my manis peel easily, but this one doesn’t. I usually use two coats of this.
- Blue Skies Ahead! from Nailed it! Hawaii. First of all, this is my favorite indie polish store! This polish is from the Sprung into Spring Collection. It is a very pretty baby blue creme with tiny glitters. It’s opaque in 2 coats. It is a little gritty and applies a little weird, but after the 2nd coat and top coat, it looks fab.
- Blue You Away from Nail Social Nail Brand. Yes, that is ya girl as the product image 🙂 I received this polish a month ago in exchange for my honest review and swatches. This is the very pretty blue that I used as the base color on my middle nail. It has a smooth formula and is opaque in 2 coats.
- 3 pinks by L.A. Colors. They have no name! Ugh! But any 3 pinks will do. These polishes are actually horrible for painting your full nails with. They are streaky and not even 3 coaters! More like 4 or 5! But they are great for little designs like dots, or in this case, roses.
- Mint by L.A. Colors. Works the same as the nameless pinks.
- Crystal Clear Top Coat from Emma Jean Cosmetics. I’ve tried many glossy top coats before, but this is one of the best. I’ve been using it for a couple of weeks. This company threw it in my order for free when I ordered like 6 nail polishes from them. I experience no chops for 7 days with this top coat. It could probably last more than 7 days, but I change my mani weekly. I use two coats of this as well. To me, this top coat is just as good as Marvel Liquid Macro Top Coat from SuperChic Lacquer.
Well, that’s all for now lovelies. If you have any questions or tips of your own, please feel free to leave them in the comment below! And absolutely NO RUDE/NEGATIVE COMMENTS. See y’all later.