Hey lovelies! How many of you love summer? I’m more of a fall type of person; however, I do like summer because usually I’m not taking classes, so my brain gets a break from everything. That’s not the case this summer since I’m taking a physics class… My brain hurts!😩 Thankfully, there’s only 1 exam, a week of class, and a final left. So I shall get through this!🙌
This summer I’ve been really into doing summery nail art. Last summer, I was just beginning to do nail art and wasn’t really concerned with summer themes, but now I am! So today, I’m bringing you another summery mani, featuring an ice pop.
After I applied top coat to the base color of my accent nail, I used a toothpick to outline the ice pop, then a dotting tool to fill it in. I also used a toothpick to make the ice pop stick and the white lines. I let it dry for about 15 mins, then applied two coats of top coat.
- Bring It On Stain Blocker Base Coat from Superchic Lacquer. My go-to base coat! I used 2 coats. A short review can be found in “Blue, baby!”
- Who is Ultra Violet? from wet n wild. I used this as the base color of my accent nail. It applies a little streaky and is opaque in 3 coats.
- Happy Hour by Orly. I’ve had this polish since May, but I hadn’t used it until now. This was the base color of the rest of my nails. I used 3 coats and it was still a little sheer until I added on a topper. I’ve tried looking for online store links to this nail polish, but I can’t find it being sold anywhere currently. It was actually a part of the Orly Color Blast Nightlife collection, which is a 3-pack that I got from Kohl’s.
- Hope by My Stunning Nails. I used this as a topper, so only one coat on top of all of my nails (including the accent nail, but before the ice pop) You can find my full review of this nail polish in “My Stunning Nails – Review.” Don’t forget that you can use my code PRLK15OFF for 15% off a minimum of $5. *Press Sample*
- French White Crème from wet n wild. I used this for the white lines in the ice pop. A short review of this polish can be found in “Take me to the beach!”
- Nameless mini pink from L.A. Colors. I used this to make the ice pop. Like all of my mini L.A. Colors polishes, this is a 4+ coater, but works well for small nail art.
- See the Shells by Emma Jean Cosmetics. I used this as the ice pop stick. A short review can be found in “Take me to the beach!”
- Crystal Clear Top Coat from Emma Jean Cosmetics. My go-to glossy top coat! I used 2 coats as always. You can find a short review in “Blue, baby!”
That’s all for today!
How’s your summer going? What’s your favorite thing to do in the summer? Do you like ice pops? What flavor? Lol let me know in the comments below. See y’all later.