Hey lovelies! It’s time for my last mani of 2017! Gosh, can you believe that the year is coming to an end?! I haven’t even thought of a New Year’s resolution LOL. Today, we’re going to talk about this gold & black, glamorous mani that is just perfect for NYE. You could do this mani with silver as well if you’re not into gold. However, little miss Lala here prefers gold! Let’s get right into the details!
- Ah ha! Nail Lacquer’s Foundation Base Coat.
- Noir by Nicka K New York (No link available. Try your local beauty supply store because this is a one coater black for just $1!).
- Gold Aluminum Flakes from BeautyBigBang (Review here. Use LALA010 for 10% off your order).
- Glisten & Glow Top Coat.
- Apply base coat. I used 2 coats.
- Apply black polish.
- Apply top coat. I let my nails dry for 30 mins before moving on to the next step just to make sure that I wouldn’t disrupt the black nail polish.
- Apply more top coat and start patting on the gold flakes with an eyeshadow stick while the top coat is wet. There’s really no rule to how you disperse the flakes; just do what you like! I went for a full gold flake accent nail and a flake gradient on the rest of my nails. For the full gold flake nail, I found that it was necessary to apply top coat and pat on the flakes 3 times in order to completely cover the nail.
- Seal in everything with top coat. I used 2 coats.
That’s all for today loves! Again, another super easy mani. Questions? Concerns? Tips and tricks? Leave them in the comments section below! I hope you guys are enjoying the holidays! See y’all in 2018! Besitos.