Hey y’all! How’s everyone doing? Good, I hope! Are y’all ready for 2019?! Today, I am bringing you my last mani of 2018! How exciting! It’s a bit of messy nail art since the fireworks are not defined, but that’s the best I could do freehand LOL. I like how it turned out! I’m also trying out polishes from a new indie (or at least new to me), so I will have a review up after January 1st.
Let’s get right into the details of this mani!
- Noir by Nicka K New York (Found in a local beauty supply store).
- The New Year’s Duo (Aries & Galactic Mermaid) by The Nail Bazaar (Discount Sample).
- Glow Up by Twinkled T
- Glisten & Glow Top Coat
- 3 Liner Drawing Brushes from the 10pc Brush Set by Twinkled T
- A small dotting tool
- Mystical Friend by Glittertastrophe (Currently not available)
- Apply base coat and let dry. Apply black polish and let dry. Then, apply top coat and let dry.
- Use any of the 3 liner brushes to create the fireworks. Use tapping motions to make a more concentrated, undefined area, and short curved strokes to make extensions of the firework. I used all 3 brushes for differing effects because they are different lengths, so this part is up to you to make it your own; there’s really no wrong way since it’s messy anyway.
- Use a small dotting tool to place some white dots as stars.
- Dip your nail art brush into some glitter (the same liner brushes are fine).
- Apply top coat to your nails, and while they are still wet, gently flick some glitter off of the nail art brush using your fingers on your other hand in order to apply the tiniest amount of loose glitter. You don’t need to apply a lot of glitter because you will end up covering the fireworks by doing so.
- Apply more top coat and let dry.
- That’s it!
That’s all for today loves! I hope you enjoyed! It’s been another great nail art year with y’all, and I hope you all have a Happy New Year! Stay safe!
Questions? Concerns? Tips and tricks? Leave them in the comments section below! See y’all in 2019!