Hello lovelies! How is life treating you these days? Great, I hope! Today, I am bringing you my last Christmas-theme mani of 2018. I just noticed that I did a snowflake mani last year as well (Click here to view), and omg I cringed so much. LOL! This year’s mani is definitely better, and I like my nail shape better now. If you didn’t notice last week, I’m sure you’ll notice this week that my nails are “long” again. Yeah, I haven’t cut them since a couple of weeks before finals, so it’s been about a month. I love them at this length, but they’re not the best when it comes to working with patients, so they will be cut down when classes start back. Anyways, enough of my rambling. Let’s get right into this mani!
- Ah ha! Nail Lacquer Foundation Base Coat (This shop is currently taking a break).
- Frosty’s Revenge by Nailed it! Hawaii
- A mystery blue holo (it was a part of the Black Friday 2018 grab bag) by Nailed it! Hawaii
- Glow Up by Twinkled T
- Glisten & Glow Top Coat
- Jolly Snowflake Stencils, silver by What’s Up Nails
- Bye Girl Barrier: Wild Blackberries by Nailed it! Hawaii (This scent may not be currently available).
- A small dotting tool
- Cosmetic wedges
- Apply base coat and let dry.
- Apply one coat of the lightest colored polish you’re using for the gradient and let dry.
- Apply a barrier to your cuticles. I use liquid latex, but there are latex-free options.
- Use a cosmetic wedge to apply nail polishes for the gradient effect. Dab it on each nail until you reach desired opacity.
- Remove barrier and do any clean up necessary.
- Apply top coat and let dry for at least 30 mins.
- Apply the snowflake vinyls to your nails and firmly press down to prevent any leakage in the next step.
- Take a clean cosmetic wedge and paint a tiny piece of it white, then dab it onto the vinyl. Note: Use an opaque white polish. Remove the vinyl immediately.
- Use a dotting tool to place white dots randomly on your snowflake nails.
- Let dry for at least 15 mins to prevent smearing.
- Apply top coat and let dry.
- That’s it!
That’s all for today loves! I hope you enjoyed! I hope to do another mani before the year is over for New Years Eve. Until then, I hope you all have a Very Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!
Questions? Concerns? Tips and tricks? Leave them in the comments section below! See y’all later.